Charleston, West Virginia’s, Inaugural 'Celtic Calling' — a celebration of Celtic arts, culture and traditions; took place in downtown Charleston, March 4-6, 2016. It included music, dance, education, athleticism and family fun.
Flushed with the success of the event, a committee has already started working on next years Celtic Calling, please contact if you would like to help.
To stay up on Celtic themed events in Charleston, and around WV, look in on and join the Celtic Calling Facebook page. Did you know there is a whole summer of WV Irish Road Bowling Events around the State ? The Irish Week at the Augusta Heritage Center of Davis and Elkins College takes place at the end of July, and is a full week of workshops, concerts, music and dance. The Dunbar Red Head Festival, in September will be a Guinness Book of Records attempt, and feature fun
Highland Games and Music.
Celtic Calling 2017 will take place March 3-5th
Some of the events Celtic Calling 2016 featured:
- From the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Gaelic Supergroup Daimh
- Irish Music and Dance from Pennsylvania's Poor Mans Gambit
- Celtic Punk and shenanigans from Bastard Bearded Irishmen
- Celtic Americana and laughs from Father Son and Friends
- Appalachian Celtic Consort, George Daugherty, Mountain Thyme
- Bagpipers, Traditional Celtic Music Sessions and Workshops
Film and Play:
- Join a working class group of mates from Dublin as they seek fame as soul singers, in the hilariously funny big screen showing of ‘The Commitments’.
- Get close to the action for 'A Murderous Wake' by Murder and Merriment.
- Don your kilt and join the challenge of a ‘Highland’ Kilt Run/Walk
- Family Fun Bike Tour for all, inspire wellness and future Tour Stars
- Enjoy a specialty beverage or great meal at Restaurants and Pubs
- Shop at Galleries and Merchants offering Celtic Calling specials
- 'Kirkin of the Tartans' Church Service on Sunday
Discover Hip, Historic.....Almost Heaven, Charleston WV, and plan a visit with the help of the:
Please visit and like Celtic Calling on Facebook :
Music by Poor Mans Gambit: