Charleston, West Virginia’s, Inaugural 'Celtic Calling' — a celebration of Celtic arts, culture and traditions. 'Celtic Calling' took place in downtown Charleston, March 4-6, 2016, and included music, dance, education, athleticism and family fun.
Flushed with the success of the event, a committee has already started working on next years Celtic Calling, which will take place between March 3rd-5th.
Please contact if you would like to help and join the facebook page to stay in touch with 'Celtic' themed events in and around Charleston.
Celtic Calling 2016 featured:
- From the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Gaelic Supergroup Daimh
- Irish Music and Dance from Pennsylvania's Poor Mans Gambit
- Celtic Punk and shenanigans from Bastard Bearded Irishmen
- Celtic Americana and laughs from Father Son and Friends
- Appalachian Celtic Consort, George Daugherty, Mountain Thyme
- Bagpipers, Traditional Celtic Music Sessions and Workshops
Film and Play:
- Join a working class group of mates from Dublin as they seek fame as soul singers, in the hilariously funny big screen showing of ‘The Commitments’.
- Get close to the action for 'A Murderous Wake' by Murder and Merriment.
- Don your kilt and join the challenge of a ‘Highland’ Kilt Run/Walk
- Family Fun Bike Tour for all, inspire wellness and future Tour Stars
- Enjoy a specialty beverage or great meal at Restaurants and Pubs
- Shop at Galleries and Merchants offering Celtic Calling specials
- 'Kirkin of the Tartans' Church Service on Sunday
Discover Hip, Historic.....Almost Heaven, Charleston WV, and plan a visit with the help of the:
Please visit and like Celtic Calling on Facebook
Music by Poor Mans Gambit