Music from Poor Mans Gambit.
Charleston, West Virginia's first Annual Celtic Calling Festival took place between March 4-6th,
2016. Some of the events featured:
- From the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Gaelic Supergroup Daimh
- Irish Music and Dance from Pennsylvania's Poor Mans Gambit
- Celtic Punk and shenanigans from Bastard Bearded Irishmen
- Celtic Americana and laughs from Father Son and Friends
- Local Charleston Musicians; Appalachian Celtic Consort, George Daugherty,
Mountain Thyme, The Contrarians, Pepper Fandango, The Charleston Rogues
- Bagpipers, Traditional Celtic Music Sessions and Workshops
Film and Play:
- A big screen showing of ‘The Commitments’.
- 'A Murderous Wake' by Murder and Merriment, performed at the Copper Pint.
- The 5k challenge of a ‘Highland’ Kilt Run/Walk that threaded its way up to and around
Spring Hill Cemetery.
- Family Fun Bike Tour for all, inspire wellness and future 'Tour' Stars
- Specialty beverage's and great meals for the weekend at Restaurants and Pubs
- Galleries and Merchants offered Celtic Calling specials and services.
- 'Kirkin of the Tartans' Church Service on Sunday